[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
islingtonwharf.com • View topic - BBQ + Poker in the Garden (2nd July)

BBQ + Poker in the Garden (2nd July)

Events taking place in and around Islington Wharf.

BBQ + Poker in the Garden (2nd July)

Postby cubicgarden » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi All,

So this is a bit of test or alpha run...
Some may have seen this on FB too - https://www.facebook.com/groups/3924979 ... 5381280898

I'm looking to do more communal BBQ's in the garden because I think its frankly sad that everyones doing private BBQ's in a communal garden.

The weather looks good this weekend, so I'm going to do a BBQ with Poker games...
Right now, I've bought most of the stuff (just heading to Sainsburys for plates, paper, bbqs, cups, etc) and I got a Tesco delivery tomorrow with some meat and rolls.

I've bought quite a bit of stuff but no real drinks, beef burgers, veggie stuff, salad dressing, etc...
We got enough for a few people (who have already said there coming) but I'm hoping people who turn up will bring there own food to throw on the fire...

I've started a list of things I've got and the things which need/could be bought...
http://typewith.me/rmpR9Mu26n - Feel free to add stuff and strike what your bringing

So this is a bit of open invite and a alpha test to see... what happens and if we can do more of the same later in the summer months.

Give me a shout if your interested...
Questions are always welcomed...

Ian... Islington Wharf Social Committee :)
Ian Forrester | cubicgarden.com | @cubicgarden | mydreamscape.org
cubicgarden

Re: BBQ + Poker in the Garden (2nd July)

Postby cubicgarden » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:06 am

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who did bother to come and actually did bring some food...
We did BBQ+Poker in the garden on the Saturday and Sunday evening...

My faith in humanity is partly restored (see here why I say that) and I met about 6+ lovely different people who I've never met before.

Self Organisation does work I've discovered with the right pacemaker, so hopefully we will do it again soon.
There's already talk about doing another BBQ after the Ice Cream Festival next weekend, if the sun is out again.

Once again, if we can each bring something which is needed for the BBQ then we can have another great BBQ and meet other residents living near you.

Cheers + Thanks
Ian Forrester | cubicgarden.com | @cubicgarden | mydreamscape.org
cubicgarden

Return to Islington Wharf Events