Home > Committee Minutes > Committee Minutes – 12th January 2017


        Islington Wharf Residents Association



Thursday, 12th January 2017 @ 19:00

Medical Centre

Date of Minutes

Wednesday, 7th December 2016



Linda Cox (LC) – Revolution

Ian Forrester (IF)

Katherine Harrison (KH)

Jonathan Isaacs (JI) – CHAIR

Paul Kelly (PK)

Wayne Langford (WL)

James Needham (JN)

Anand Patel (AP) – Revolution

Susan Swientozielskyj (SS)


Tracey Langford (TL)


Susan Swientozielskyj

Next Meeting

Thursday, 19th Feburary 2017


  • As above.


  • Accepted as a true record.


  • Date and time of meeting:
  • Meeting dates to be moved to the first Thursday of every month, all agreed. New arrangements to be implemented for the first week in March, with February’s meeting being an exception, taking place on Thursday 9th February. JI to update calendar ACTION: JI
  • Sinkhole:
  • A sinkhole had appeared in the block paving outside of Block B – Revolution reported and take action to make safe prior to further investigation and repair. ACTION: AP


  • Electronic Noticeboards
  • Electronic noticeboards – by 31 January, permission to install from the landlord. After which next action will be to purchase and install.  ACTION: REVOLUTION.
  • Fire exit signs for public areas
  • All fixed, matter closed.
  • Water logging in gardens
  • Further to previous testing by WL (subject matter expert in this field), the waterproofing used for the garden area is not to the specification signed off by the builders (Laing O’Rourke) as being in place. The only solution is to lift and replace the whole thing. This is obviously another key issue Islington Wharf to take up with the builders which Revolution will now pursue to a suitable resolution. ACTION: AP supported by WL
  • Security lights
  • All working, matter closed.
  • Motorbike parking
  • Work in progress.
  • Resident boiler maintenance
  • Contractor agreed to do the work is Heating Doctor and works will start end January / beginning of February. Revolution will do a mail drop to all owners/residents. Costs will be covered by the heating and maintenance service charge. Apartment boiler maintenance will become an annual event. For info, main boiler maintenance is done quarterly.ACTION: Revolution
  • Monthly report from Revolution with tickets raised.
  • To follow.
  • ACTION: Revolution to update Committee when possible.
  • Lock on 17th floor
  • Fixed, matter closed.
  • Fixed window cleaning months.
  • Months are currently March and September. Revolution are pricing cost of a move to 3-4 times per annum. Also, members suggested contacting the developers of new builds affecting Islington Wharf for a contribution to window cleaning as this is often identified as a funding stream for new works due to the dirt and dust affecting locality buildings. ACTION: Revolution
  • Car park security upgrade.
  •  Direct Security has been commissioned for this work. The fob swap will probably take 6 weeks and this will commence with residents circa 3rd week in February. ACTION: Revolution
  • Renting of apartments – lease essential information.
  • TL has completed, bring to next meeting for approval and sign off. ACTION: TL 
  • Holiday parcel plans
  • The schedule for this had now been circulated by Revolution.
  • Bike store.
  • LC is leading the process of roll-out to residents. ACTION: LC
  • Plants
  • The high death rate of plants persists and members voiced their concerns that although the contractor signed up to replace as necessary, the full extent of the issue was significantly underestimated and it is most probably not in the best interests of this company to continue with the current arrangement. Continually replacing dead plants with new plants that follow the same fate is not a sustainable way forward and we, the Residents Committee, must surely have a moral duty to seek a better solution. This item requires further consideration in order to find an acceptable resolution, bring forward to next meeting. Revolution to confirm details of contract length, and whether the plant pots are owned or rented. ACTION: Revolution and Committee at next meeting


  • Water Ingress:
  • No update.
  • Lift Lighting and Polishing
  • Outstanding action noted.


  • Latent Defects:
  • No progress update. further news expected end of January – bring to February ACTION:JI and PK
  • New Members:
  • No responses to email call-out. All agreed to try directly at the next open meeting currently planned for 02 March 2017.
  • Constitution:
  • Constitution had been read my members, and had been accepted. A ‘poll’ will be set up so that those on the committee can vote for those who they think would be suitable for the following positions:
  • Chair
  • Vice Chair
  • Secretary
  • Treasurer
  • These are then to be approved at the AGM, currently planned for 02/03/2017. ACTION: JI and Committee


  • February Meeting:
  • SS requested that the February meeting is used to plan for the open meeting and the AGM with a specific action on the financial accounts, treasury and bank account. All agreed the agenda for February should focus on these issues. ACTION: All
  • The AGM would take place first with the constitution/positions approved, following by the open meeting.

Page  of